My dog is coming in for his/her annual exam, what should I expect?
It is important to see your dog every year for an exam to completely evaluate his or her health and well being. Of course there is some variation from dog to dog, but as a general rule this is what you can expect for the average dog under 7 years old.
A complete exam- check from nose to tail, including
- Checking eyes, ears, mouth and teeth
- Heart and Lung Sounds
- Feel abdomen
- Check temperature
- Weight check
- Discuss any questions or concerns
- Fecal analysis to check for any intestinal parasites
- Heartworm blood test, includes screening for tick borne diseases (if needed)
- Update vaccines- Rabies, Lyme, Distemper (DHPP) and Bordetella (if needed)
- Pick up more Heartworm prevention- Interceptor
- Pick up more Flea/Tick prevention- Vectra 3D