Dog Licensing-Local Information


All dogs in the state of New York must have a current dog license with the county or town that they live in. This allows the county or town to ensure all dogs are up to date on a rabies vaccine in case of undesired contact with an animal of unknown rabies status.

These licenses must be renewed annually. Fees are based upon the area in which you reside and if the dog is spayed or neutered. Please contact your county or town clerk’s office for more information.

The City Of Albany

Albany City Clerk’s Office- City Hall 24 Eagle St Room 202 Albany 12207
Phone 434-5075


Town Hall- 445 Delaware Avenue Room 104 Delmar, NY 12054
Phone 439-4955, Ext. 1183

Clifton Park

Town Hall- 1 Town Hall Plaza Clifton Park, NY 12065
Phone 371-6651


Memorial Town Hall- 534 Loudon Road Newtonville, NY 12128Phone 783-2734


Town Hall- 2nd Floor P.O. Box 339 Guilderland, NY 12084
Phone 356-1980


Town Clerks Office- One Niskayuna Circle Niskayuna, NY 12309
Phone 386-4511

Rensselaer County

County Clerk’s Office- 105 3rd St Troy, NY 12180
Phone 270-4080


Town Clerks Office- 1100 Sunrise Boulevard Rotterdam, NY 12306
Phone 355-7575 ext. 318

The City of Schenectady

Schenectady City Clerk 105 Jay Street Schenectady, NY 12305
Phone 388-4220

Location Hours
Monday8:00am – 7:30pm
Tuesday8:00am – 7:30pm
Wednesday8:00am – 7:30pm
Thursday8:00am – 7:30pm
Friday8:00am – 5:00pm

I Love SCAH!