The Humane Behavior and Retention Program at Sand Creek Animal Hospital was implemented to assist cat owners who are dealing with destructive behaviors in the home. The goal of this program is to avoid unnecessary surrender to animal shelters and to keep the cats within their homes.
The program includes the following
- pre-anesthetic bloodwork and examination by a veterinarian prior to surgery
- catheter insertion and intravenous fluids given before, during, and after the procedure
- administration of pain medication before, during, and after the procedure
- declaw procedure performed with surgical laser equipment
- surgical monitoring throughout the procedure (heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygen levels
- post-operative monitoring and care by a licensed veterinary technician including overnight hospital stay
*For more information about this program and for pricing inquiries, please call our office at 446-9171.